Monday, August 20, 2012

Wedding Aftermath: My Vows


Well it happened finally after such a long time I finally stood up in front of all my family and friends and professed my love for all time to the love of my life. I tend to have issues standing before large groups of people and speaking during the ceremony my knees felt weak and I almost passed out. I swallowed my nerves and pushed through it however and got to profess my geek love to the lady of my dreams. Despite a slight hurdle of the microphone not being on I think that I did very well, I only teared up a little bit as I watched my beautiful bride glide down the aisle.

Here are my Vows:

Natasha, for the rest of our lives
I promise to love you with all my being, honor you with all my actions simple or complex, and to treasure you as Gollum did the one ring,
I promise to cool you down when you are hot, cut open a taun-taun when you are cold and to protect you as your own personal paladin,
I promise no matter how many books you get, or how many times we move, I will always carry them all,
And wherever we go, whatever adventure we embark upon, I promise to be there, holding your hand and telling you, "I love you." And giving you words of encouragement
I promise to make laughter an fundamental part of our family, to make you giggle and roll your eyes at me while smiling
You're my best friend, and you're the best thing that ever happened to me.
I Love You Forever and Always
Thank you for marrying a Geek like me”

The day was wonderful and went off without any major glitches or problems happening, only a couple of tiny ones that were quickly solved. Even the drama llama didn’t rear his ugly head, well he did but everyone kept it from us until after the big day was done and over with. It was awesome to be able to sit back and enjoy the day, and I am not just saying that because I was a groom and didn’t have to do a lot. Granted I did nowhere near as much work as my wife did in organizing this but even she was able to sit back and relax.

Still waiting to see the photos of the day and to hear from the photographers but until then one of the guests posted a video on the web. It is pretty cool that he compiled all the photos and made them into a video.

Check it out:

Hopefully I will have more to share soon.

Sincerely Urban Yeti

No comments:

Post a Comment