Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Two more sleeps: Roll for Kisses


Down to two days left and it is still feeling very surreal to think that after such a long wait and so many hours of prep time there are only a couple of days left. I have been looking forward to this for so long as well but with it all quickly creeping up on me I just want it to be here so I can just get over with. Not that I want it to end I am just so excited that I want it to hurry up and happen already.

I have one last project that I can share before the event and one that will have to wait till after the wedding to be shared. The one I can discuss without fear of ruining the surprise is a simple sign for the wedding.

I don’t know about you but my Wify and I cannot stand the sound of clinking glasses at weddings the only way to get it to stop is if the bride and groom kiss. The most infuriating part of that is there is always some crazy old lady sitting in the back who every five minutes as if she is timing it she starts clinking again. The sound alone makes my ears want to bleed and I get the urge to hurt people and smash all the glassware in sight.

The future Wife and I are Dungeons and Dragons nerd and we love to play the odds so we figured we would incorporate that into the event. Now instead the old lady has to make her way to the front where she will find a Foam D20 located along side a sign.


The idea is that instead of damaging the reception hall’s glasses with the bashing of silverware people will roll the dice. However there is a catch your odds are only 50\50 because a 10 or lower and you have to kiss someone. I hope people have that in mind and have pre-picked who they will kiss if the odds are not in their favor.

The stand that the sign rests upon I discovered at a garage sale and spent only two measly quarters on. The Stands looks awesome and really fits in with the theme of things. It is finds like this that I truly love going garage saling.

Well one more item to post but it will have to wait sorry. I can’t even drop any hints because it is a present and I am not sure who reads this so I have to be careful as to not ruin the surprise.

I would like to send a shout out to my good friend Kassandra for printing all of the components that were used in the wedding. She did an awesome job on the prints and added a very professional element to my designs that no desk-top printer can even compare to.

Sincerely Urban Yeti

P.S. Don’t forget to vote on the new segment name located in the upper right corner of the page

No comments:

Post a Comment