Thursday, August 9, 2012

SEVEN DAYS: Steampunk Bird




One Week, this not only states how long I have until the sound of wedding bells chime for me but it is also the title of one of my favorite bare naked ladies songs. The countdown breaks into that final week long stretch and I am actually surprised that none of my friends have called me with their best impression of the little girl from the ring.

SEVEN DAYSSSSS

I was working on some things for the wedding last night and figured I should post another one of the projects that I put together for my upcoming event today. As with most weddings there are centerpieces on all of the tables, with the theme of our wedding being that our theme is Victorian based we need to have some very specific pieces. This allowed me to do one of my favorite things without getting in trouble. I got to go garage saleing digging through others junk is one of the things about summer I look most forward to.

One such piece that I found was an old looking bird cage that looks perfect and will fit right in with the theme. It is not a legitimate bird cage and could never properly house a flying friend, it is a for display use only type thing but it looks cool.



Looking at the birdcage got me thinking and my creative wheels started turning in my head forming an idea. I headed down to Michaels to gather some supplies for another project and while I was there I inquired if they had any bird like things that I could mod. They had a couple things and I found exactly what I was looking for.


This little guy was perfect for what I wanted to do, my idea was to make a little clockwork bird to sit in the cage. I got out my paints and glue gun and sat down with Brudar for an afternoon of watching shows (Avatar the Legend of Korra) and some arts and crafts. A couple of hours this little guy was reborn like the proverbial phoenix to start his life anew.


The day is swiftly approaching and I still have a lot of things left to make and I will be trying to post a new on each day leading up to the wedding. Of course I will be submitting photos of the grand affair after the fact and cannot wait to share it with all of you.

Sincerely Urban Yeti

No comments:

Post a Comment