Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Gaming on the Go: Where's My Perry


I use to be a hardcore gamer and I have always enjoyed playing puzzle style games because no matter how frustrating a puzzle is when I finally get it I feel a sense of accomplishment. We live in a time where short puzzle based games are readily available because of the existence of smart phones. Before the phone became a gaming console there weren’t a whole lot of puzzle games aside from Tetris in the market place.

The first game to really make the phone gaming market take off was of course the world’s number one played game Angry Birds. This game becoming so wildly popular made gaming developers sit up and realize there is money to be made in an un-tapped market. Now almost every major game developer has some sort of game available in the App store for a very low price. Every gaming developer has ther fingers in the proverbial pie including the infamously evil Disney Corporation.

I find that children’s cartoons have taken a serious nose dive in the awesome department since I was a kid. Maybe that feeling is nostalgia fueled or maybe it is because I always preferred action based cartoons over silly ones but since Sponge-Bob Squarepants hit the scene it seems like all the kids cartoons are trying to outdo each other for ridiculous. The shows are almost painful to watch they are so mindless, but every once and a while there is a jewel that shines through and is actually funny. That new diamond in the rough is a show a show about two step brothers who are geniuses and their pet platypus who is a secret agent, the show is called "Phineas and Ferb".



The Perry the platypus is by far the best part of that show in my opinion he is constantly running around in the background of the brothers’ adventures while he is on a separate mission. Now I am going to bring my point together and tell you that Disney has released a iPhone puzzle game called “Where’s my Perry?” revolving about the secret agent platypus.


I thoroughly enjoyed this game and beat it in two days while logging a total of 6 hours but still totally worth the 99 cents I paid for it. Check it out seriously

Sincerely Urban Yeti

No comments:

Post a Comment