Monday, September 17, 2012

Wow from around the Net: Pokemon Cross Stitch


If there is one thing skill that I sometimes wish I had the time and patience to pursue it would be cross stitching. If I could master this art with thread I would probably cover most of my clothes with intricate and wicked patterns. Alas my attention span and short fuse will not allow me to ever complete anything of a caliber such as this without first breaking a lot of things.

As with every kind of medium there is a Geek who has utilized it for a medium to express their personal geekiness. Cross Stitching is no exception to the geek invasion and for geeks who are lovers of the pixel art this is one of the easiest mediums to cross into. With most of the classic video games being passed around 8 or 16 bits this means that the images of our favorite characters are already perfect to be cross stitched.

Introducing Linda the girl who set out to be the very best, like no one ever was, to stich them all is her real test, to stitch them is her cause. Lind took all the sprites from the Pokémon game and put them to fabric, I am almost speechless in looking at this. A project of this magnitude takes an outstanding amount of commitment to pull off and bravo for her doing it.

Check out her blog here: Eponases


Here is a pick of the master crafter standing next to her masterpiece of geekdom.


I wish I could create something of that magnitude, maybe one day I will.

Sincerely Urban Yeti

No comments:

Post a Comment