Monday, September 10, 2012

Wow from around the Net: Fire


“Boys will be boys” is a line commonly used by mothers to explain why their sons are complete knuckle heads. I know that on more than one occasion my own mother has used that exact phrase to describe my actions. When we were boys for some reason in our adolescence most of us tended to be risk takers or thrill seekers. There was not a boy in my grade school classes that did not love to play with fire or watch things blow up.

When it came to using our imaginations to play boys pretend to be powerful warriors and we would stage massive battles. Big sticks would magically transform into might swords of power, the tools we would use to win our battles for power. There is not any man I know to this day who doesn’t have a grade school memory like this of some sort.

Why am I rambling about these childish memories about the ways I spent my childhood play time. I promise that there is a method to my madness.

See I was surfing around on the internet when I found an amazing video of some street performers who put on a very good show.

Check it out:

This very well choreographed battle scene is just outstanding and brings a new meaning to fighting fire with fire. I watch these performers who have an amazing skill with a blade, not just any blade ether one made of flames, and I feel my jaw drop. These two master swords men are not the type I would want to meet in a dark ally, well if they had flame blades it would not really be all that dark.

I wonder how they keep the flames a light. I think that an epic flame battle of this caliber would make for a really fun photo shoot and I think I know a couple of people who would make it twice as awesome. The light of the fire from the blades would add awesome contrast and some really cool lighting effects.

I typed in fire sword in to Deviant Art and I found this really cool photo of someone who takes “Playing with Fire” to a new level. I am sorry I know I am corny but there are so many fun puns that go along with this, it is kind of a hot topic.


Check out his DA: MD-Arts

So I did a little bit of research on I would go about making a battle blade on fire for if I ever wanted to do this battle. I found this tutorial on how to make a flaming blade after only a couple different google searches.


Maybe this tutorial will light a fire under my ass to actually do this project and stop making fire jokes.

Sincerely Urban Yeti

No comments:

Post a Comment