Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Wow from around the Net: Giant Robots


We Dig Giant Robots!!!!


Megas XLR is one of the cartoons in the last decade that Brudar and myself agree is one of the best action cartoons. This gem of animation only ran for a whopping two whole seasons and I wish that there had been way more. The theme of this show will is on I will always carry with me and any time people mention robots I have to refrain for bursting into song.


Megas XLR is not what I plan on talking about however I wanted to share with you something way cooler, Actual Giant Robots. Man driven Mechanical Armor, or Mechs for short, are a major theme in a lot of anime and children’s cartoons and have been a topic for most geeks. These Mech Geeks have been busy at works it seems trying, as all geeks do, to bring their fantasy into reality.

Introducing the mighty KURATAS the latest leap forward in Mech suit technology is a project by Suidobashi Heavy Industry. This Geek project taken to the next level will probably mean that soon enough Mechs will be made by the Military. KURATAS has some pretty cool features including the smile shooter, essentially the twin BB Gatling gun is activated when you smile, which I think it would be hard not to smile while sitting in such an awesome piece of geek technology.

They even made a handy how to operate instructional video Check it out


Oh crap now that song is stuck in my head… YOU DIG GIANT ROBOTS, I DIG GIANT ROBOTS, WE DIG GIANT ROBOTS, CHICKS DIG GIANT ROBOTS …… nice

Sincerely Urban Yeti

No comments:

Post a Comment