Thursday, September 13, 2012

Tablespoon of Geek: Back to School, Fried PBB Sandwich


It is week two of September and with the month of September that brings the back to school season. So many people are going back to school and if you are in post secondary and trying to make it on your own then that means that money is a little tight. Last week when I did my tablespoon of geek post I said that for this whole month I would be using a college food source staple.

My choice of college food staple for a base in my last cooking post was the ever classic Kraft Dinner. For this week I am going to be using as a base one of my favorite foods from when I was in college. Most of my breakfasts from my stint in post secondary consisted of the ever simple Peanut Butter on Toast.

So my recipe this week is Fried Peanut Butter and Banana

The measurements on this recipe are to taste.

½ a banana sliced
Peanut butter
Honey
Two slices of bread
Cinnamon



This is pretty simple recipe step one spread Peanut Butter evenly on one side of both pieces of the Slices of Bread. Next evenly distribute the Banana on one of the pieces of bread on the side with the Peanut Butter. Once you have evenly distributed the banana on the peanut butter spread some Honey to taste on top of the placed banana. Put the two slices of bread together with the peanut butter sides facing towards each other.

Bring a skillet with cooking oil up to temperature on the stove then place the sandwich on, sprinkle the face up side with the Cinnamon and flip it over. Sprinkle Cinnamon on the side now facing upwards and flip, continue to flip until both sides are browned to your liking and serve.



This is a really tasty and easy to make breakfast, it only takes a total of 10 min to make one sandwich. I am sure that this is the kind of recipe that Elvis Presley would gladly enjoy, it is a well known fact fried Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwiches were His Favorite.



Sincerely Urban Yeti

No comments:

Post a Comment