Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Wow from around the Net: New Level of Horror


I suppose it is about time for me to share my good news from this last weekend, well here it goes… I bought a house! That is right me and my Wifey have started the process of purchasing our first home and if all goes according to plan then we should be moved in before Christmas. The sad part for me is that yes I should be in a home in time to deck the halls and put up a tree but I will not be in the house in time for Halloween.


No home in time for Halloween means that I will not be able to decorate my home with skeletons and cobwebs. One of my favorite parts about this holiday growing up was that it was all about spooks and creepy crawlies, not the candy like most kids. Perhaps this is part of the reason why I have always enjoyed watching a good (or even a bad) horror film.

Speaking of scary movies there is a new method for inducing waves of terror while you are in the theatre. Everyone thought that the best new technology to increase the state of fear was the new Real3D, but the best that does is make us a little more jumpy. Now imagine if you were sitting in the theater and suddenly your phone rings just as the main character of the film dialed a phone. An unknown phone number has dialed you, answering it you suddenly realize that your voice is on the screen, and actor is answering you.


As it stands this is really only in Germany but I am severely hoping that it makes its way across the sea to our native land. See when it comes to scary movies I become just like a stereotypical black woman and yell at the screen, “Bitch Don’t go down the stairs!”. I wonder if I could actually get the main character to survive or would I be the cause of her demise?

Sincerely Urban Yeti

No comments:

Post a Comment