Thursday, October 11, 2012

Tablesppon of Geek: the Almost Thanksgiving Turkey


Thursdays have started to mean something to me as of lately, they mean showing off my ever developing kitchen skills. With the Canadian Thanksgiving this past Monday I had hoped to use that as an excuse to learn how to make a turkey. Things were however a little out of my control in the kitchen as I was not in my own kitchen for this Thanksgiving.

My plan initially was to have my Wifey’s grandmother teach me how to cook up a plump bird while we were visiting. However by the time I asked her to show me the tricks of the trade she had already begun and said that she didn’t need my help with it. Oh well as they say ‘the best laid plans of mice and men often go astray” and I will always have next year to learn how to make a proper cooked turkey.

While Grandma Prince George was busy cooking in the kitchen the family all gathered around the table to play cards and chat. Apparently this is normal in the family for good ol’ Grandma to cook while the family keeps her company. At least she is not all alone in the kitchen and any time someone would try to help with any part of cooking she would quickly thank them and then kick them out of the kitchen.





This weekend I am going to see about trying to make a ham at home, or maybe try my hand at one of the many pumpkin recipes floating around the internet this time of year. I do apologize for their being no recipe two weeks running I had really hoped to be able to get one for this week but things happen. This weekend I think I will try and make a few things to back log a couple of recipes for later when life is complicated like this.

Sincerely Urban Yeti

No comments:

Post a Comment