Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Geekdom Crossover: Lego TMNT


Lego is one of those childhood pass times of mine that I thoroughly enjoyed and still utilize to this day. With everything happening with my new home happening one aspect that I am looking forward to is having a space for my Lego. While growing up I always enjoyed creating large buildings that formed expansive Lego cities best.

In recent years Lego has realized that their target audience has grown up and those who are still interested in the colourful bricks have other interests as well. The main group that seems to enjoy the building bricks are also largely interested in Geeky movies and television. This is probably why the Lego Star Wars franchise seems to always be in high demand as they continue to release and re-release these sets.

Recently Lego announced what their newest series was going to be and it got me super excited because I had to share it. Nickelodeon and Lego have teamed up to create the series based on their new rehash of an old show. The new sets will all be based on the classic cartoon reboot of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Here are a few stills of the one set that has been announced.


Before they made this big announcement however they released a teaser to get the hype started. To build all the excitement they released a teaser set, it was a build your own slice of Pepperoni Pizza.



This is not the first time that the martial-art mastered turtle brothers have been reduced down into a brick form. A couple of years ago Mega-Blocks had rights to that franchise and released a few sets based around the movie that came out at the same time. Just like marvel however TMNT has made the jump from the Lego knock off to the real thing and it is a good thing.


Of course I got some of these sets because I just could not resist the urge to get my favorite Turtles in a half shell. This has been on my list of things from the eighties and nineties that have needed to be Legoized, next up the Ghostbusters or Street Sharks.

Sincerely Urban Yeti

No comments:

Post a Comment