Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Geekdom Crossover: Pokemon X and Y


My New Year’s resolution to restart my passion for blogging has gotten off to a bit of a rocky start. The real reason for my lack of blog posts that I am finding it hard to get in the right mindset for writing. Before I fall completely off of the blogging wagon I am making a post to try and increase my own moral on the subject.

This morning some big news came out in the video game community, the announcement of a new Pokémon game. Nintendo announced that coming out this year would be the next installment in the franchise with two games for the Nintendo 3DS. The games are titled Pokémon X and its counterpart will be Pokémon Y, the first time that they have stepped away from their standard colour based naming system.


These new games are also the launching point of the new Generation Six of the collectable creature characters. In addition to the new generation these games will also feature three new starters for the game, still in the classic Grass, Water and Fire types. As well as like all the games there are a new set of legendary Pokémon that will be the bases of the games plot.

The Starters are as follows

Fire – Fennekin



Water – Frokie

Grass – Chespin

This is going to be a hard choice of starters for me I normally tend towards picking the grass types but this time I like the look of the others more. My only hope is that this fire starter will not evolve to be another one of the overdone fire-fighting types. But the more I look at cute little Chespin the more I feel like I am going to pick Grass once again.

With the announced release of this game for the 3DS that gives me two reasons to go out and buy the handheld console. I have been a large fan of the Pokémon franchise since I got my blue version back in 1999 and I am looking forward to the next installment.

Sincerely Urban Yeti

No comments:

Post a Comment