Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Geekdom Crossover: Star Wars Princesses


I am sorry that I have not been posting as frequently as I had promised that I would this last little while. Life has become significantly more involved than it has been before with the purchase of a house and my job becoming busier I am not finding the time to write as much as I would like. Here is a quick post just to prove that even with all the new found stress I am still thinking about this blog and it has not been forgotten. Part of the problem lies in the fact that I have packed up two of my home computers and am now down to being only able to use my Wifey’s laptop.

For those who have spent the last few weeks living under a rock of some sort, the big thing in geek news is that Disney bought Lucas Films. This means that the famous Mickey Ears now encompass the sci-fi film master piece of Star Wars. With the new purchase Disney also announced plans for a new sequel trilogy that is set to take place after episode 6.

This new confirmation of the long talked about sequels brings mixed emotions in the geek community. For starters after the abomination that appeared in the first movies by the name of Jar Jar Binks, fans are worried that the franchise may decline further. Between Jar Jar and the annoying character from the new clone wars series by the name of Asoka, both of whom are characters created to make kids connect with the franchise, we can only hypothesize how Disney will do on this front.

On that front however the internet is abuzz with images combining the two universes of the colourful Disney characters with the more adult characters of Star Wars. One idea that most people have seemed to latch on to is that with this there is now a new Disney Princess. It seems that the strong willed and rebel leader, Princess Leia, has joined the ranks of Arial, Snow White, Belle and Cinderella.

The Princesses have received her into the fold quite well, or at least as according to this user made musical. It seems to me like the princesses are going to have their hands full making this strong female icon into a dainty princess.


There also seems to be tons of fan art about this new princess that is making its way out of the woodwork. Since the announcement it seems like the internet has exploded with fans who are showing how they like the idea of a new Disney princess.



  
 Well that is all for now and I apologize for my absence as of lately, hopefully after I am moved in I will be able to post more. Also once I get settled into my new digs I will have the space needed to work on some of the projects that I have been holding off on. 

Sincerely Urban Yeti

No comments:

Post a Comment