Friday, March 16, 2012

Everyone wants to be a hero

So I was asked to do a very interesting favor yesterday by my mother. She inquired as to wether or not I could get some friends to help one of her co-workers move on Sunday, that is not the interesting part the reason why is, we are flash mob style moving some one out of her house... Say what? Oh and it gets even more interesting we are doing it at request of the person we are moving why? Because she is escaping an abusive relationship and is scared of what might happen and well I can't blame her.
So after grilling my mom for more useful information, which was like pulling teeth trying to give some kind of idea what we are up against. I discovered he is of average build, which works to my advantage of being bigger and more intimidating build. Now the second thing I found out is the guy is a gun collector, ok now that is a little worrisome. I won't back down now cause last thing I want is for things to go bad knowing I could have prevented it.
So this morning I looked up the non-emergency police line on everyone's favorite search engine google an I called to find out if this is the right thing to do. Which in my heart and in the eyes of the law yes it is so I am not going to jail this weekend score! I also found out I can call the lovely Calgary police and have them present just in case the proverbial shit hits the fan.
This just goes to show that we can all be heroes just by reaching out and following the principles of Jim Carrey in Yes Man. Just say yes and watch all the places you will go, and look at all the people you will meet!
So this Sunday won't be just any other family outing this one is so super special the cops are getting involved. Oh what an strange and eventful life I lead, I wouldn't change it for the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment